If you’re like me, and have days where you miss the warm summer months and fresh fruit popsicles dripping down your chin, then you will LOVE this simple and healthy recipe.
The star ingredient is fresh oranges! Here in Canada they are available from November to April, with peak season in January.
- 1 cup almond milk (or similar ex. 1/2 plain yoghurt 1/2 filtered water)
- 2 large oranges (navel oranges are my favourite)
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 1 serving of collagen (the brand I trust is withinUs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
Blend all ingredients in a Vitamix, or regular blender until smooth. The result is a bright, balanced smoothie that tastes like a homemade orange creamsicle. Enjoy!
If you make this for yourself, please let me know below! Or tag me @apieceofcoral on Instagram – I would love to see your creations!