Surprise – there’s a hack! I use ‘Whole Foods Market’ ready-made pizza dough. It’s a healthy, time-saving option, containing organic whole grain flour, and costs only $3.99. You can keep it frozen for up to three months, it defrosts in only 2 hours, and bakes up in less than 15 minutes.
Things You’ll Need:
- Pizza dough
- Baking Tray
- Parchment paper or oil
- Marinara sauce or puttanesca
- Cheese: mozzarella, parmesan or bocconcini
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C
- Lightly oil baking tray, or cover with parchment
- Sprinkle the counter top with flour
- Press the dough on the floured counter top to flatten
- Pick up the dough and carefully stretch between your fingers, turning it as you work, until you reach desired size
- Transfer to baking tray
- Now for the best part: top the pizza with your choice of sauce, cheese, meat and vegetables
Place the pizza on the lowest baking rack and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is light brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
* Tip: Wow your guests and treat your taste buds by adding caramelized onion to your pizza! Just add 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of oil, half of a yellow sliced onion and a pinch of salt to a frying pan. Cook on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes or until the onion turns caramel in colour. Be patient, low and slow is the trick to perfect caramelization.
E N J O Y !