Ayurvedic inspired organic skincare.
Ayurveda, translated from Sanskrit, means “The Science of Life.” The 5,000 year old science is based on using natural plant based ingredients.The scent and texture of Sahajan’s products are luxurious and grounding. You are in heaven the moment you open the jar, and smell the earthy scents of: Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Cinnamon, Geranium, Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Lime and Orange.I use the ‘Protective Face Serum‘ (containing hyaluronic acid) in the morning and the ‘Nourishing Face Cream‘ as my night cream. The texture of the face cream is like butter, and a small amount of product goes a long way. I saw immediate results in the hydration of my skin after trying Sahajan and love having these rich, non-toxic products in my beauty routine.Sahajan utilizes a bounty of powerful, natural ingredients in their products:
- Almond Oil – A rich source of healing vitamin E.
- Amla Oil – Packed with nourishing vitamin C. (Indian Gooseberry) 20x the amount of Vitamin C than an Orange
- Coconut Oil – A deeply hydrating and protein-rich oil.
- Eclipta Alba – Used in Ayurveda for rejuvenating the body and treating the hair.
- Gotu Kola – Firming, supports collagen and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Honey – Used on the skin to help soothe and repair damage.
- Neem Oil – Anti-inflammatory and helps to minimize the appearance of dark circles.
- Sesame Oil – Hydrates, nourishes and protects the look of skin.
- Triphala – Powerful antioxidant that helps to brighten the look of skin.
“As a former pharmaceutical executive, it was important to me to give our clients the confidence to chose both Ayurveda and clean beauty. Our team in Canada worked with leading Ayurvedic doctors in Kerala to develop the collection but that wasn’t enough, I wanted to prove our efficacy. All of our products have been through either extensive regulatory reviews, clinical trials and consumer testing. All of that to say- we don’t make any claims that aren’t backed up by science.”
– Lisa Mattam, Founder/Creator
Explore Sahajan’s products online at www.sahajan.com
Curious about harmful ingredients that may be sneaking into your skin and beauty care? Check out David Suzuki’s, ‘Dirty Dozen, Cosmetic Chemicals to Avoid’ here.